Re: RFC: implementation of package pools

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 02:06:35PM +0200 , Arthur Korn wrote:
> Hi Eray
>
> Eray Ozkural schrieb:
> > My point is this:
> >   specify an interface for test suites that the package developers
> > themselves write. for their own convenience. in any case, they can write
> > that themselves, but formalizing it will encourage them!
>
> You don't seem to understand that debian source packages are
> built with a makefile (debian/rules), which could definitely run
> some tests. If a test fails, the build fails, and the thing
> won't get uploaded.

debuild(1)
       debuild  creates  all  the files necessary for uploading a
       Debian package.  It first runs dpkg-buildpackage and  then
       runs  lintian  on the .changes file created (assuming that
       lintian is installed).  Parameters can be passed  to  both

How the maintainer reacts to this ...

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

Phear my "Typical bloody smart-arse debian attitude."