Re: Proposed: task-secure-system package

On 2000-10-23 17:52, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>Previously Russell Coker wrote:
>> Well I have developed a patch that works for the SSH1 protocol with RSA.
>> I have not developed a patch for the SSH2 protocol because I have not yet
>> figured out how it works enough to setup a suitable test configuration.
>
>Why is the protocol important here? The email address is present
>on the local machine in the authorized_keys file already. You don't
>mean you share a single RSA key for logins between all admins, right?
>That would be, euh, suboptimal.

The protocol is important here because ssh1 and ssh2 protocols have
completely different (and convoluted) code paths.  I have not worked out
which parts of ssh2 to change.  Also I have not bothered to get the ssh2
Diffie keys to work so I couldn't test a patch to the ssh2 protocol if I
wrote it.

No I don't share RSA keys between admins.

PS  Please CC me when replying to my messages, you'll get faster replies that
way.