Re: RFC: implementation of package pools

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 07:47:28PM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:

> That's exactly my point. If you'd notice, I've already stated what you say.
> I agree. "in any case, they can write that themselves". In addition
> to what you express, I'm saying that if it is agreed upon what
> kinds of tests would be generally useful, then simple tools that
> declared the existence of such tests could be written.

If you are interested in contributing to such a system, here is a good starting
point:

Package: debian-test
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 34
Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
Version: 0.0.5
Depends: perl5|perl
Architecture: all
Size: 7656
MD5sum: 48cff914d8da7604b920f8a6d7bc4e7d
Filename: dists/woody/main/binary-all/devel/debian-test_0.0.5.deb
 This package contains tests and the framework to run them, and test provided
 by other packages to test themselves.
 .
 The intent is that this should build into a test suite that provides a
 reasonable level of confidence that a Debian system is working correctly.

--
 - mdz