Can't Upgrade Mozilla

I tried to upgrade mozilla to M-18 the other day and got this:

  cpp g++ gcc libc6 libc6-dbg libc6-dev libc6-pic libdb2 libdb2-util
libnspr4
  libnss-db libstdc++2.10-dev libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  locales
  libdb2-util libnss-db libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 mozilla
10 packages upgraded, 4 newly installed, 1 to remove and 405 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/20.3MB of archives. After unpacking 22.6MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
.
.
[downloading]
.
.
E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration

The return code is 100.

The packages are downloaded but unpacking fails (or never gets started,
I can't tell).

I haven't done a dist-upgrade to woody, just those packages necessary
for mozilla (by doing apt-get install mozilla).  Perhaps that is the
problem, though I would prefer to hold off on a dist-upgrade of this
machine.

                                     -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson