cannot upgrade woody

Hi all,
I was tring to upgrade my woody machine to the latest woody. Afer having
updeated the package list (apt-get update) I selected a lot of packages using
dselect and the installed it.

After downloading them I get this error during installation of debconf. Then a
lot of packages are blocked because they depend on debconf. When I try to
configure it 'by hand' using dpkg I get the same error:

hsogso:~# dpkg --configure debconf
Setting up debconf (0.4.02) ...
Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debian::DebConf::Question" at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 31.
dpkg: error processing debconf (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 debconf
hsogso:~#

Do you have any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,