Re: ITP: mklibs.sh

Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> * Marcus Brinkmann (Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de) [001017 01:04]:
> > On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 06:39:52AM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> > > the package depends on mklibs.sh includes mkinitrd-cd, but I suppose any
> > > other packages interested in making initrd of their own for whatever
> > > specific needs may as well want it too. ;-) (I'm right now doing this. :-)
> >
> > As long as it is only one other package requiring this script, I think it is
> > maybe better off by just including a copy of it. The problem is that as soon
> > as you have a reference version, interfaces (the name and options of the
> > script) get set into stone rather fast. I am not sure mklibs.sh is ready for
> > that. However, that's my opinion as upstream author in this case.
>
> For embedded systems it it worth its waight in gold.

Oh, thank you :) I will carve it in lead plates :)

> I would like to see
> additionally logic for name and ip resoulution and additional lib*.pic
> libraries.

Yes, we need a naming onvention for pic libraries, none exists yet.
There should be more pic libs, but not for every package (maybe
a build time option, like debug is for some packages).

> I would hope that this script is cared for and developed further. Put it into
> a seperate package together with the pic-libraries!

The script should not come with pic libs, but the interest in this
script seems
to be quite huge, so a seperate package seems to be justified. Maybe
with some docs :)

I will look over the script to see if I have some concerns about the
interface.

Thanks,
Marcus