Offtopic: Japanese National Television working on Special about Opensource

Hi,

Oliver M . Bolzer wrote:
 > Japan's National TV is currently working to air an special on Jan 1, 2000
 > that will touch the open source movement. I have been asked to forward
 > the attached mail to the Debian community.
 > Basically they are looking for people that work over/using the Internet
 > heavily and earn their living, doing  Open Source development.

I met the director (Mr. Tani) on Oct 11th.  I think that the focus of
the TV program is not so good (right now).  His focus is just for the
business.  I somewhat strongly believe that the activity is more than
the business, more than the earning the money for living.  It's the
cooperation beyond the organization, and the one beyond the business.

 > They already did a 30minute program on Linux last year, that was a little
 > short but quite good.

Yup.  I hope that Mr. Tani will figure out the reality of Free Software,
as the TV program last year.

 > 1. Have you ever used Sourcexchange?  Why are you interested
 > in SourceXchange or not?  What kind of benefits do youget from
 > SourceXchange?
 > How is it important as income source?
 >
 > 2. What kind of lifestyle do you have?  Where do you live and how do you
 > work for SourceXchange and other jobs, if any?
 >
 > 3. Do you know any developer who participates in SourceXchange project, and
 > has an interesting/unique lifestyle?  If so, please let us know about the
 > person for a possible TV interview.

See?  His focus is quite bad.  SourceXchange?  Who cares?  We should
let him know "Debian", don't we?  IMO, we should not answer such bogus
question, instead, it is good to explain our activities.

Thanks,