Re: ITP: mklibs.sh

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 03:07:36AM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> > Thus, I'm wondering if other packages could suck mklibs.sh in? In particular
> > I'm wondering if debianutils could suck mklibs.sh in? If no objection
> > received, I will go file a wishlist bug towards debianutils. ;-)
>
> debianutils contains stuff that is needed on every system.
> Package: debianutils
> Essential: yes

Oh! I see. Sorry. But.. :-)

> What else beside boot-floppies needs mklibs.sh? Why don't leave it where it
> belongs to?

The reason is simple:

boot-floppies (in some stage) maybe don't wanna go into woody, and for
awhile back, boot-floppies indeed wasn't in woody (am not sure NOW :-))
and even boot-floppies is installed, it's a .tar.gz in /usr/src... if other
packages want to use mklibs.sh to make initrd, they will have to extract it
then...

the package depends on mklibs.sh includes mkinitrd-cd, but I suppose any
other packages interested in making initrd of their own for whatever
specific needs may as well want it too. ;-) (I'm right now doing this. :-)

And, nonono, it's not for the NM reason that I want some packages. ;-)
and IMHO, it's good for boot-floppies indeed. :-)

best regards,
zhaoway