debianutils: please read! (Re: ITP: mklibs.sh)

Previously, I expressed my ITP (not bug wnpp yet) for mklibs.sh
which is part of boot-floppies right now, and some other package(s)
depends on boot-floppies solely for the functionality of mklibs.sh,
a >600 lines of shell script to make minimum libs for initrd et al.

Adam Di Carlo (maintainer of boot-floppies) replied:
> mklibs.sh should probably be it's own package, perhaps.  It's a nice
> little utility and could use the work of more porters to get it
> working on more architectures.  I would imagine if it is packaged
> separately, it would be easier for porters to work on.

But after a (fake ;-) ITP announce by me to debian-devel, Marcus (author
of mklibs.sh) replied:
> ... I don't think there should be a seperate package for a 600 lines
> shell script either. It's fine with me if you think it is a good idea,
> though.

Thus, I'm wondering if other packages could suck mklibs.sh in? In particular
I'm wondering if debianutils could suck mklibs.sh in? If no objection
received, I will go file a wishlist bug towards debianutils. ;-)

Best regards,
zhaoway (who is in NM queue ;-)