Re: /bin/sh and glibc2.2

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 01:36:19PM +0200, Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler wrote:
> >
> >  I wonder, if shells that are suitable for /bin/sh should
> >  predepend on the new libc6.
>
> Well since no one else has replied to this message, I'll presume that
> there are no objections to the predependency and add it.

A similar (but not written yet) policy applies to awk implementations.
Since all of them may have the role of /usr/bin/awk, which is essential,
we agreed to use a predependency for all of them.

However, it should not be required that they specifically predepend on
the *new* libc6. dpkg should ensure that no predependencies are
broken during an upgrade.