Re: Debian Distribution getting too big?

    Russell> One thing that would be conveniant for people who track
    Russell> unstable via modem would be support in apt for rsync of
    Russell> the Packages file.

I think apt-proxy might allow that... However, the problem with rsync,
is it doesn't support caching.

I think the optimal solution may be rproxy, especially when it gets
integrated (like the authors say) into programs like squid and apache
(as well as Mozilla).

See http://linuxcare.com.au/projects/rproxy/download.html for more
information. I have been told that rproxy now (should) exist in woody.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>