Re: traceroute root exploit

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 01:39:21PM +0200, Petr Cech wrote:
> I think I've alredy said that in potato it is. Look at
> /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/sources.list

No, I don't think so.  In 2.2r1 it will be installed that way, however.

> But it lacks IIRC proposed-updates and non-US security updates

security.debian.org is not in the united states.  Security updates for
both general and non-US archives are placed there.

Proposed-updates should under no circumstances be added to apt by
default - it contains packages that have not received the amount of
testing appropriate for stable.  That's why we do point releases.

Dan