Re: On Bugs

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Adam Heath wrote:
> > This is only a preliminary set of commands.  None of these have been
> > implemented yet.  Also, the list of allowed keywords would have to be
> > something that all developers agree on.  Ie, 'fixed', 'patch',
> > 'waitingOnSubmitter', 'WONTFIX', others?
>
> Wow, noone else has replied. I'm sure this will have changed by the time
> I get on the net again though (flying to ALS).
>
> Here is a list I roughed out this morning:
>
> potato
> woody
> 	Mark what distribution a bug affects, if it only affects some.
>
> reproducible
> unreproducible
> 	Should be obvious.

 I'm guessing you only want one, if so I'd say reproducible.

[snip ... ]

> security
> 	Bug is a security problem.

 Isn't this better as a severity ?

[snip ... ]

 I'd also add...

"UI" -- This bug is a problem with the user interface which makes it
hard/confusing to do something, or maybe even that the ability to do
something that you think is obvious isn't there at all.

--
James Antill -- james@and.org
"If we can't keep this sort of thing out of the kernel, we might as well