Re: Debian boot system

On Sat, 07 Oct 2000, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:

> Yes, please. I want to read it as well. Please attach *all* the data you
> have used to come up with 30 seconds (don't forget to specify the system
> you measured, either :^P), as 30 seconds IS gain enough to justify
> deploying this scheme of yours.

Heh, it seems I did forget the system I was using. I'm on an Athlon 750,
128MB Ram.  Yes, not the typical machine, but I tend to believe it will speed
up all systems whose boot process is not mostly CPU-bound, but that's up for
you guys to check, if you're willing to risk running my Makefile (Don't
forget to check it works for your configuration, first :)

Eyal Lotem