Re: annoying behavior of dpkg-scanpackages
- To: Dale Scheetz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: debian-devel <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: annoying behavior of dpkg-scanpackages
- From: Jason Gunthorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:01:24 -0600 (MDT)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1001002110030.19793B-100000@wakko>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.21.0010021029580.7169-100000@dwarf>
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> What, exactly, did you "fix". It was my understanding that an archives was
> required to have only one version of every package. When did that change?
This is not strictly true, tools these days are required to handle
multiple versions and multiple architectures in the same package file.