bug #34854

[If this message belongs on another list, kindly enlighten me to that
fact, thanks :-P ]

The latest version of dpkg (1.6.14) seems to now honor the screen width
and adjust its output accordingly. At least, this works under a resized
xterm. So perhaps this bug should be closed?

OTOH, perhaps what we *really* need is an option to dpkg to specify the
desired screen width so that you can re-format dpkg output to pipe to,
e.g., "xmessage -file -", or perhaps an option to disable screen width
truncating.