Re: Intent To Split: netbase

Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:
> Alex Romosan <romosan@adonis.lbl.gov> writes:
> > Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > > Dependencies will start getting rearranged in a month or so, I guess.
> >
> > i don't have a problem with the dependencies, i have a problem with an
> > empty netbase package which forces me to keep all this extra stuff i
> > never really wanted which i can't remove because a lot of packages
> > depend on it but shouldn't.
>
> Read what he said: The netbase package will stay. In about a month it
> will no longer depend on lots of stuff. Then you will be able to
> remove those packages. For now, stop whining.

My reading, which makes more sense to me: other stuff will stop
depending on netbase -- allowing you to remove `netbase', and thus
then be able to remove the other stuff (i.e., netbase is pretty much
`task-net-base').  For backward compatibility, the `netbase' package
should Depend: on all the old components that previously comprised it.

- Hari