Installing packages without manpages and docs

<asked that a week ago on debian-user, but nobody out there had a
clue>

Hi,

I am using Debian on a bunch of servers with a minimal install. The
barebone install is about 80 MB for potato and I'd like to reduce it
even more.

Is there any way to make apt-get stop installing packages' man pages
and documentation? I never actually tried that, but would symlinking
/usr[/share]/{doc|man|info} to /dev/null do the job without disabling
apt updates?

I have docs and man pages on my personal work station, and having them
multiple times is a waste of disk and backup space.

Has anybody actually done something like that?

Greetings
Marc