Re: ITP: aewm, dagrab

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 06:16:30PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> It's pointless to package two peices of software that appear to do an
> identical job with identical design decisions. From the description I
> read, both the cdda2wav and the other cd grabber are in that position.

No it is not. A user my be familiar with one package, but ot with the other.
Some external software may depend on one package, but not the other. One
package my get behind development, but not the other. One PAckage may be
buggy, but not the other. Are you realy sure those two packages behave and
work exactly the same?

We should not refuse any free software in our distribution and piss off
authors ot users of that package.

Greetings
Bernd
--