Re: Intent to port to ia64

> Distribution to the ia64 Architecture. We refuse to build our Distribution
> on non-free Emulators and it is hard to set up a build environment for
> bootstrapping a clean debian system without access to a native compile
> server. Therefore we ask everyone interested in supporting a real free
> project to donate some compile ia64 machines".

This looks more like a call to war instead of a polite request for
donations.

> Of course i am not sure if we realy need this, cause we can work with cross
> compilers and the emulator to test it, what do the other ppl here think?

Try to get the IA64 box with some nice call for donations. I do not think the
emulators are an issue. We would like to port to IA64 and are not interested
in debugging or enhancing simulators.

Maybe we should refuse to run Linux on machines with a proprietory BIOS too?