Re: upstream libtool 0.3c does *not* use -rpath!!!

    Jason> On 31 Jul 2000, Brian May wrote:

    >> I have noted that libtool compiles two copies of the executable
    >> file. By default, it only compiles the installable version,
    >> which doesn't contain any rpath. However, if you execute the
    >> wrapper script,

    Jason> *WHY*? It would make alot more sense to me to just use
    Jason> LD_LIBRARY_PATH and not recompile the program..

Well... Umph... errr... The KISS (Keep It Super Sophisticated)
principle of course. ;-)

Seriously, perhaps it has something to do with operation on other
platforms, some of which might not support LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I think
you would have to ask the upstream maintainers though...

Have a look at their web page, at
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/, they might have something
mentioned there.
--