Re: Intent to port to ia64

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 10:13:45AM +0200, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> On Linuxtag in Stuttgart someone (I think from NEC) told us that, he
> probably could borrow us a IA64 machine. Unfortunately this was only for
> a month. I doubt if this would be a real help. Torsten, do you still have
> his business card?

Lets put a "important call for donation" on our Web Page and in a press
release. I bet we will draw some attention.

"The Debian GNU/Linux Projects needs help to port the most free Linux
Distribution to the ia64 Architecture. We refuse to build our Distribution
on non-free Emulators and it is hard to set up a build environment for
bootstrapping a clean debian system without access to a native compile
server. Therefore we ask everyone interested in supporting a real free
project to donate some compile ia64 machines".

Of course i am not sure if we realy need this, cause we can work with cross
compilers and the emulator to test it, what do the other ppl here think?

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --