Re: traceroute vs. traceroute6

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 10:30:23AM -0500, Bolan Meek wrote:
> It used to be considered that traceroute could put too much load
> on the network to be allow normal users to execute it, hence it
> formally _was_ for exclusive use of the sysadmin.  Hence, the
> traditional location in /usr/sbin... which doesn't mean it must
> stay there, of course.

Actually I dont mind at all if we put it in bin or sbin. The only thing
which is broken is that we have traceroute and traceroute6 in different
locations. And I request both maintainers to find a solution to this an NOT
close the bug reports unless this is solved.

If the persons involved can't agree we should simply have a vote.

BTW: i had asked thet in the FHS group to long time ago and even there
there is no consensus on traceroute or ping.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --