Re: tetex is incomplete! waiting for sponsor

From: Colin Marquardt <colin@marquardt-home.de>
Subject: Re: tetex is incomplete! waiting for sponsor
Date: 26 Jul 2000 23:11:20 -0700

> > Hello. I just submitted a bug on the tetex package, namely that the
> > 'foils' package is missing. The 'foils' package is rather common and
>
> So that probably means it is not in upstream teTeX. This question
> would thus be better asked on the teTeX mailing list (you don't mean
> "foiltex" btw, do you? That one has licensing problems).

Yes, foiltex has licensing problems so it is useless to
ask on the teTeX mailing list ;-)

> > importance that someone sponsors him, otherwise Debian 2.2 will ship
> > with an incomplete TeX system, which is bound to make lots of people
> > upset when their talks transparencies cease to compile.
>
> For Debian 2.2, it is already too late anyways.

Yes, so this means Debian 2.2 provides insufficient TeX
environment for users....

In anyway, I am looking for a sponsor.

Regards,			2000.7.27

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>