Req Fer Code: Mirrors list checker tool

Hi all

Our mirror list has grown somewhat out of proportion and there are
probably lots of hooped/partial mirrors.

Thus I would like to request that someone cookup a python/perl script to
check this out. The basic operation would be to take the mirror list and
probe each mirror to determine how it is feeling and then write a new
mirror list with updated information and produce a web page for inclusion
in the web site with information about dead mirrors so people can advoid
them.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Jason