Re: RFC - Splitting gnome-applets

On Jul 26, Edward C. Lang wrote:

>     SG> So I'm going to vote for 1 (if that was the purpose of this
>     SG> RFC).
>
> Are there any precedents as to voting on a package? If not, then how are
> we going to organise this?

You could always hack up the popularity-contest code to figure out
which programs are used the most often from the big package.  Wait
around a month or two for the numbers to settle down, and you should
have a good indication of which applets are most popular.  Just don't
collect this data without asking the users first in the postinst...

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |     Get rid of Roger Wicker this year!    |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>    |      http://www.lordsutch.com/ms-one/     |
|       Debian Developer        |    Join the party that opposed the CDA    |
|    http://www.debian.org/     |             http://www.lp.org/            |