Re: About new fields in debian/control for bug reporting.

> For instance, say I wanted to distribute my own copy of
> ssh, with Kerberos support, but didn't want to bug the ssh maintainer
> about this (yet). I want bug reports to come to me...

Why wouldn't you set the maintainer field of this package to yourself?

Then you could set Origin: Maintainer, the package would (I hope) be
rejected by the Debian dupload (it doesn't have Origin: Debian), and
bug reports would go to you...

-itai