Re: ITP gnome-applets

"Martin Bialasinski" <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:

> So spliting them in a few chunks is the best compromise, I
> think. Spliting them on popularity may introduce too much flow, as an
> applet may have to be moved between the "popular" and "misc" packages,
> otherwise the distinction is moot. "Help, my applet is gone!"
> Spliting them on the category used by gnome seems to be better.

I don't know if that's a really good choice. Take a look at the
category 'monitors', for example. There are several different applets
serving the same purpose. A vast majority of users will only use one
(or perhaps two) out of the section. And if this happens for some
other sections too, the user could as well inmstall the 'huge' packet.

Nevertheless, I agree that many small packages is not the best way to
go either. Maybe someone really clever has another idea?

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann     | Dru@ICQ      | 54523380@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725   | A-1080 Wien  | Austria      | Europe