Re: RMS comments: Gnome part of the GNU operating system.

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 10:52:12PM -0700, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
> > > Can you point out what is hostile in the letter RMS wrote?
> >
> > So I am a heretic to the Church of GNU.  And you know what?  I don't much
> > care.  I write free software for my reasons, not his or yours or anyone
> > else's.  I don't and won't force it on other people just because I think
> > it's right.  And until Richard can stop doing the same, he doesn't and
> > won't represent me.
>
> So basically there was nothing in that email that was hostile.

I've heard that email in person.  It was hostile.  If it was hostile
standing in person (and every time I have been within earshot, it has
been), it arguably isn't any less so in email.

* joeyh takes advantage of netscape's marvelous ability to crash to close
        10 windows with a single keypress
<joeyh> now that's progress!
<Knghtbrd> Bus error  =>