Re: ITP gnome-applets

Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:
> Perhaps create a task-gnome-applets so that it's easy to install all
> of the applets at once.

No, do not do that!

Task packages are presented to the user on an initial install. As the
name might indicate if you look at it for a minute, a task package is
indended to deliniate a specific *task* you might use a computer for,
like a web server, an X workstation, or perhaps an X workstation using
GNOME.

Task packages are *not* meant to be used to collect together packages
that have been over-split into subpackages. Doing so will only cause the
new installer to wonder,
	So why would I want to use my computer as a 'Gnome Applets'
	rather than a Web Server or a X Workstation?

task-gnome-desktop can depend on these applets. You can even make a
metapackage that depends on all of the little packages, if, against our
advice, you decide to split them up that way.

But if you name it prefixed with task-, I will be forced to do
everything in my power to prevent it from being included in Debian.

--
see shy jo