Bug or policy? [root@maine.com: Debconf: Configuring Ssh -- NOTE: Root Logins disabled by default.]]

I'm thinking there was some discussion about this and not sure if
it is policy or s/b a bug.

Anyway, the system operator running upgrade is not necessarily going to
get this mail in time, particularly in a network installation.  In this
case I did not even know that ssh was upgraded until all
the system ssh cron jobs started dying.  Hell, if apt asks to upgrade
motd I'd think it could at least warn it's upgrading ssh.

Would it be better to send this as a **warning** and **recommendation**
and not to screw around with config?

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039