Re: ITP: links

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 10:11:25PM +0300, Ari Makela <hauva@iki.fi> was heard to say:
> Gopal Narayanan writes:
>
> > http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/net/links.html
> >
> > for woody.
> > and
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/Packages/frozen/net/links.html
> >
> > for potato.
>
> Yes, there it is. But why it's in network category? Debian does have
> web category. In <URL: http://debian/Packages/unstable/ > it is written:
>
> <clip>
> Web Software
> Software to run a WWW server, WWW clients, proxies, etc...
> </clip>
>
> Unfortunately this is not the only inconsistency.

  Really, the problem is that our classification system is tied to the
FTP archive structure and is horribly insufficient for 3000+ packages.  It
ought to be in the (non-existant) net/web/clients, or even
net/web/clients/text..

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|        CCs of list        |        A conclusion is the place                |