Re: Use of -rpath

    Brian> I seem to remember that there was a great debate on the use
    Brian> of rpath, some time ago (years?) in debian-devel. You might
    Brian> want to check the mail archives...

For some reasons why rpath is not a good idea, read:

http://www.au.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9811/msg00453.html

+ followups. There were also other threads describing how rpath caused
major problems when upgrading from libc5 for certain packages, eg
emacs19.

For the great debate I was talking about earlier, read:

http://www.au.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9901/msg02245.html

+lots of followups.

of course, use your local mirror for the above.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>