Re: Making dpkg-gencontrol behave....

Joey Hess wrote:
> Clay Crouch wrote:
> > > I think you're best off just using ther source package name in all changelogs.
> >
> > OK.... I've no problem with that. :^)
> >
> > But will the changelogs not matching their host pacakges cause any
> > trouble for the infrastructure?
>
> No, not at all. Debian's infrastructure is set up to handle changelogs
> bearing the name of the source package they came from. That's normal.

There is an exception though.. the .changes file that will be generated
will use debian/changelog. You _have_ to have a debian/changelog or
dpkg-buildpackage will fail, I think, when it tries to make the .changes
file.

And the .changes file is used to automatically close bugs mentioned in
it, so any ("Closes: #xxx") statements you put in your other changelogs
will not be seen by that process, and will not be autoclosed.

--
see shy jo