Re: Making dpkg-gencontrol behave....

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

[Snippage of previous threadage....]

> I see that dpkg-gencontrol is looking at the debian/control file, reading the
> Source: line and bombing when it doesn't match the changelog. This is actually
> a very important check to have in general, and I don't think we can change it.
> I think you're best off just using ther source package name in all changelogs.

OK.... I've no problem with that. :^)

But will the changelogs not matching their host pacakges cause any
trouble for the infrastructure? (ie, bugs files against 'notebook'
going against _all_ of the packages carrying the same changelog, etc)

If there's no problem with the infrastructure, then I am up to
cleaning/testing/porting/uploading/etc it....

Thanx to all who responded. I really appreciate it. :^)

[ ... and more Kudos to Joey! ... ]

Cheers!
/ Clay Crouch, Shamless Bum ;^>    | <http://danno.tzo.com/~danno>   \
| Linux Administration/Consulting  | <danno@danno.tzo.com>           |
| Debian Package Maintainer        | <danno@debian.org>              |
|    "Away put your weapon; I mean you no harm." -- Master Yoda      |
| 1024D/7D2AD631: 2319 2356 FEDF 4631 63F3 762A E443 1C2A 7D2A D631  |