Re: No Packages* files in ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/non-free/binary-all/Packages.gz?

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Shaul Karl wrote:
>
> > ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/non-free/binary-all/ seems to me the only
> > dir among ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/*/*/binary-* that lacks the Packages*
> > files. Isn't this an essential file that should be in this dir too?
> >
> > For example:
>
> Why do you want Packages* files in binary-all? There are links to the
> packages in binary-all from the subdirs of all the other binary-*. That's
> why the Packages* files in the other binary-* directories include all the
> packages in binary-all.
>
> > 	--  Shaul Karl <shaulk@israsrv.net.il>
>
> cu,
> Adrian
>
> --
> A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a
> "Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.
>                 -- Mahatma Ghandi

	Since the Packages* files override the Section/Priority I thought that this
is the reason that my local deb for tkman get installed as non-free/doc and
not as main/doc.
	The full details are at http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=67500
	Either it is my packaging or that there is some problem with dpkg or other
system tool or file.
	Isn't there a way not to force a local deb for something that is not in the
distro to be installed as non-free?
--

	--  Shaul Karl <shaulk@israsrv.net.il>

	Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com