Re: PMFJI, but what (if anything is happening wrt crypto and us)?

Rick Nelson <cowboy@debian.org> wrote:

> I suppose I could strip the TLS support, but the SASL support includes
> both authentication and encryption (thought the Debian SASL package
> may not offer both, I'm not sure).

The SASL library does not do any encryption itself, it relies on
SASL modules. The Debian SASL (as of 1.5.21) offers two groups
of modules: libsasl-modules (in main, does not depend on any
crypto library), and libsasl-modules-nonus (in nonUS, depend on
libssl09 and heimdal-lib). I think that mere dependence on SASL
library does not make a package belong to nonUS.

Dima.