Re: Wannabe-maintainer's question

On Thu 20 Jul 2000, Jordi Mallach wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 01:02:23PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> > OTOH, it might not be reasonable to develop for debian if you can't
> > keep your system up to date on demand; you might be using old (and
> > out of date) libraries for example.
>
> He can always compile the packages in a remote debian machine.

He can't keep his machine up to date because he doesn't have proper
internet access. How is he going to access the remote debian machines?
Telepathy?
Of course, I don't know the details of his situation. Perhaps he has
access at work, from e.g. a windows system. Then it's a possibility.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/