Do not Cc people on the list

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 09:21:09PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > There is no need to CC me with messages to lists I read.  Please cut it
> > out.  Thanks.
>
> Branden, can you please stop spamming everyone on debian-* with these
> messages? You've said it once. Just because a couple of people don't listen
> doesn't mean you have to shout it at everyone every day.

Well, it seems that very few people follow the rule, and the
Debian Developer's Reference, 4.1 Mailing lists, does say:

	When replying to messages on the mailing list, please do not send
	a carbon copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly
	request to be copied. Anyone who posts to a mailing list should
	read it to see the responses.

The fact that people ignore this all the time is enough to warrant
annoying people a few times so that they once again become aware of it.

> Or do something like, I dunno:

Making mail fetching complicated and thus unreliable does not sound like
the best way to deal with this issue, thank you.

--
Lars Wirzenius <liw@wapit.com>
Architect, Kannel WAP and SMS Gateway project, Wapit Ltd, http://www.kannel.org