Re: removing duplicate posts

    Anthony> Branden, can you please stop spamming everyone on
    Anthony> debian-* with these messages? You've said it once. Just
    Anthony> because a couple of people don't listen doesn't mean you
    Anthony> have to shout it at everyone every day.

    Anthony> Or do something like, I dunno:

    Anthony> .procmailrc: ] # right near the start ] :0 f ] |
    Anthony> store-message-id ] ] # before delivering your personal
    Anthony> mail (/not/ your list mail) ] :0 f ] | delayed-write-msg

That seems a complicated way of saying:

# process mailing lists here

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

Is there any benefit?

When I used procmail (currently I use Gnus - although am considering
using procmail again so I can use imap), I put it *after* processing
mailing lists, so that cross posts would appear in the different
groups.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>