XFree 4

<URL:http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/Status.html>

> i think i read something about all hardware supported in previous
> version is also supported in XF4 (well, maybe not as well, but still
> you can use it).

There are a number of chipsets that XF3 supported where no XF4 driver
exists (yet): Avance Logic, Number Nine, Video 7, etc. As one can
imagine, this happens mainly to cards not in wide use (anymore).
Because of that, I doubt that this assertion will hold true:

--
Robbe