Re: Intent To Split: netbase

> I hope to give update-inetd (and DebianNet.pm) a rewrite fairly soon now,
> which'll (eventually) change the netkit-inetd line there to `netkit-inetd
> | xinetd', and fix a few outstanding bugs too.

Good. I think the subject was brought up again lately by a package
with yet another inetd-like deamon. So why not make it depend on a
virtual package?

Hopefully the rewrite will have a extensible interface which doesn't
restrict us to defining inetd stuff but let us use all extensions the
diferent implementations makes. (But who am I to ask, I havn't
writen any usefull code yet)

Could we make it possible that any inetd-like packages provides a
module for making config files for their service and then use it a
litle like update-menus?

(wonder if I really should write some code, but I hate the design
phase)

--
Peter