Re: rman (PolyglotMan) + TkMan are now under the Artistic License.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:49:27PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> You are one of the most hysterically panicky people I have ever met.

Come on, just asking questions about it ...

btw, just found out that xf4 mesa is incompatible with potato and current
woody wine (fix on the way for woody it seems though ...)

> First of all, I cannot understand why you CC'ed Stephen Moraco in your
> message, since he doesn't, AIUI, have much to do with your concerns.

just mutt too commode 'g' key ...

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 11:05:49AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > > mesa		James Treacy	I talked to him; because of GGI and stuff,
> > > 				Mesa will continue to be maintained
> > > 				independently of X, however X will provide
> > > 				its own Mesa/GL implementation in xlibgl1
> > > 				(which will provide libgl1) and xlibgl-dev
> >
> > huh ???
> >
> > will ggi-mesa and x-mesa be able to be installed simoultanouesly or will they
> > conflict ?
>
> Well, they'll probably have to confict.  When two packages both provide the
> same virtual package, that's typically what you get.  Especially in this
> case, as both packages will have to install a thing called
> /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2.

Well, but the name suggest that ggi will only run with the mesa+ggi version,
and not the mesa alone version. so will ggi run with the xfree version
installed Or will you not be able to run ggi with XF4 installed.

But then this surely is a ggi issue more than a XF issue.

> > i don't know, but it seems to me that accelerated mesa for X as well as the
> > remaining DRI stuff is one of the most advertissed part of the XF4 release
> > (well together with the proprietary binary drivers from nvidia and the like,
> > how do you plan to manage those, branden ?)
>
> Well, I'm sure I'll figure something out, Sven.  Instead of freaking out,
> either calm down and contribute, or be quiet.

Huh sorry, ...

just wanted to tell you about what my experience in the past few month with
XF4 + debian has shown me, and i thought also that discution about a topic is
in a way contributing also, or are not that what the debian mailign list are
all about ?

And please, don't take it bad, i just told you that, because i thought of it,
and i thought that you, the all mighty Xfree maintainer could maybe benefit
from it ?

(BTW, XF4 will not run with matroxfb on my work box, so i reverted to 3.3.6)

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER