Re: ITP: codecommander

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:05:10 Ondrej Sury wrote:
> Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> >
> > Debian packages? I don't believe I saw them anywhere. I looked on the
debian
> > web site, on the WNPP pages, and I sent a mail to debian-devel, but no-one
> > responded.
>
> You didn't looked on codecommander pages?  You didn't contact
> upstream author?  As I said before it's ok, but I think it was not
> polite from you.  I am subscribed to debian-devel, but I am quite
> busy man, so I am reading (subjects) it once a time.  I didn't
> want to sent ITP before I become offical Debian developer (I am
> in queue.)

Why should I contact the upstream author? I normally only do this in case
there
is a severe bug in a package which I want to fix.

Anyone can make a debian package and make it available somewhere. This does not

mean an official developer can't package it. Let me know when you become a
developer,
I will be happy to give it back to you.

> --
> Ondřej Surý <ondrej@globe.cz> Globe Internet s.r.o.http://globe.cz/
> Tel: +420235365000 Fax: +420235365009  Pláničkova 1, 162 00 Praha 6
> Mob: +420602667702 ICQ: 24944126      Mapa: http://globe.namape.cz/
> NAJDI.TO http://najdi.to/        Chief Administrator and Developer.

Joop
--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <pa3aba@debian.org>

--> Woody is as hard as a.... Frozen Potato?
(More woody jokes at http://pa4tu.penguinpowered.com/woody)