Re: new fields in debian/control

On 17 Jul 2000, Itai Zukerman wrote:

> > No, that's silly. That would mean all bugreporting tools would need
> > a comprehensive list of all Origins out there, which is not reasonable.

> Well, that's not necessarily true.  The Origin field could just
> provide a *way* to get the bug-submission data you need.  I mean:

Upon reflection, it seems to me that this is entirely reasonable and might
be a good option. There are two ways we can deal with this, use an index
file like Itai said, or have our BTS ack as a dispatcher for others. Bugs
would be submitted with the origin field included and then we can relay
the bugs to other people as desired.

> PS.  I have no real opinion on this matter; I'm just offering some
> alternatives.  However, the "if you change one origin field you must
> repackage everything" argument is pretty persuasive...

Definately.

Jason