Re: ITP: galeon

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Michael Holzt wrote:

> > I don't think it can be included in Debian. galeon is GPL, but links to
> > Mozilla, which is NPL; and the NPL is incompatible with the GPL. I took a
> > look through the sources, and didn't find an exception.
>
> Hmm. But why can Mozilla itself be in the main archives of debian then?
> Shouldn't it be in non-free if it has such problems?

No, that's the same as with GPL and the QT-licence. They are both
DFSG-free, but you can't link a GPL'd program with QT.

The solution for this problem ist that the upstream author of the program
(in this case galeon) changes the licence to something like: "This
program is copyrighted under the terms of the GPL with the exception that
you are allowed to link it with ...".

> Greetings
> Michael

cu,