Re: new fields in debian/control

Hi!

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nicer to just put the Origin file in each package,
> and to have a database which maps origin -> submit-bugs-to and
> submit-bugs-style?

The style Wichert chose has the advantage that everybody can
create correct .debs. I doubt that Debian would like to maintain
a database including every single entitiy that ever released
.debs.

If only the Big Ones like Debian, Corel, Storm created .debs
this would be no problem but there are quite some inofficial
apt places out there.

This way you even catch local and equiv packages.

					yours,
					peter

--
PGP encrypted messages preferred.