Re: Intent To Split: netbase

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:25:49AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> I intend to split netbase into a plethora of little packages based on
> how they're distributed upstream. The new netbase package won't quite
> be virtual: it'll still include some bits of infrastructure (like
> update-inetd, and /etc/init.d/networking), but it's main job will be
> depending on all the real tools.

Hi Anthony,

more power to you. Can we work it out that netbase can be installed on the
Hurd as well? If it ends up as a binary-all package, this might be a bit
difficult (because of /etc/init.d/networking), but I am sure we can get
to it. I can then drop the bits I have from netbase in the inetutils package
(update-inetd and such).

We can discuss this in private mail. Maybe other solutions are preferable,
but I want to make sure which case it is.

> Currently I expect the Depends: line will look something like:

(We'd also need to have a different Depends: line).

Thanks,
Marcus