Re: ITP: galeon

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 10:52:40PM +0000, Jimmy O'Regan wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Michael Holzt wrote:
>
> ) I have packaged galeon (as seen on slashdot). Galeon is a more light-weight
> ) browser using the Mozilla Rendering Engine (Gecko). If nobody offends, i
> ) will upload the package tomorrow.
> )
> I don't think it can be included in Debian. galeon is GPL, but links to
> Mozilla, which is NPL; and the NPL is incompatible with the GPL. I took a
> look through the sources, and didn't find an exception.

I think Gecko is under the MPL, not NPL. I'm not sure however if MPL is compatible
or not with the GPL (the NPL is certainly not) but it has much more chance... For
whatever I see (IANAL), the MPL as mostly the same restriction than the GPL, but a
bit more precise on how you must do thing (like how to publish work, where to write
modification and what to do about Patented Evil Code).