On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 11:11:28PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Adam McKenna <adam-debian@flounder.net> writes:
>

> > > * remove non-free
> > > * create a `pure' version of www.debian.org and ftp.debian.org
> > > * move non-free to something like debian-nonfree.org or whatever you name it.
> >
> > If that's the case, then my point still stands -- this resolution was brought
> > about due to the desire to appease the FSF, and does not have the interests of
> > the free software community (which is not the same thing as the FSF) at heart.
>
> Your assertion is blatantly false.  I did not propose it to appease
> the FSF; I frankly think that their proposals (hiding the existinance
> of non-free) are off-base and wrong.  I brought it because I believe
> that the CURRENT policy does not have the interests of the free
> software community at heart.

It might be patently false, but it definitely can't be blatantly false.  Why
bring up the FSF at all if this isn't about them?  Maybe it wasn't you who
brought them up, but several of your supporters have asserted that the "Free
Software Community", as mentioned in the Social Contract, in fact refers to
the FSF.

--Adam